Military Discharges

Thank you for your military service!

Military discharge papers (Form DD214) are important to armed services veterans who wish to apply for educational or other veterans’ benefits. One way to be sure these important papers are not lost or destroyed is to have the DD214 recorded in the Clerk of Court’s office.

Recording is simple, easy and free. The veteran just needs to bring the form to the office of the Clerk of Court in the county where he/she lives. The DD214 will be stamped “Filed,” a book and page number will be noted on it and a copy will be recorded immediately. The original will then be handed back to the veteran.

Should a veteran need a copy or a certified copy of his/her discharge papers, all he/she has to do is request one from the Clerk’s office where it was filed. There is no charge for this service.